Back to School Programs
GOVERNOR DUCEY'S 2ND ANNUAL BACK TO SCHOOL TOUR
Governor Doug Ducey will visit six public schools during the months of August and September as Arizona teachers, parents and students head back to school. Chosen for their demonstrated academic excellence, innovative programs and exemplary teachers and school leadership, each school visit will focus on a different topic, ranging from early literacy, special education programs, STEM education, career and technical education, college and career preparedness and postsecondary attainment.
Governor Ducey's Back to School Program will include visits to the following public schools:
- Legacy Traditional School (Governor Ducey visited Legacy Traditional School on August 23, 2016)
- Arizona Autism Charter School - Upper School Campus (Governor Ducey visited Arizona Autism Charter School's Upper School Campus on August 24, 2016)
- Wickenburg High School (Governor Ducey visited Wickenburg High School on August 30, 2016)
- AAEC South Mountain Early College High School (Governor Ducey visited AAEC South Moutain Early College High School on August 31, 2016)
- Mesa Academy for Advanced Studies (Governor Ducey visited Mesa Academy for Advanced Studies on September 19, 2016)
- Michael Anderson School (Governor Ducey visited Michael Anderson School on September 20, 2016)
- J. Robert Hendricks Elementary School (This school was a late addition to the tour. Governor Ducey visited Hendricks Elementary on September 21, 2016)
Click here to find the press release announcing the 2nd annual Back to School Tour.
PHOENIX TOOLS 4 SCHOOL
July 30, 2016
Tools 4 School provides basic school readiness supplies for students whose families cannot afford any or all the necessary items to start off the school year. The initiative provides students with book bags, notebooks, writing utensils and other necessary supplies.
The Tools 4 School program, hosted by the Checkered Flag Run Foundation, its partners, supporters and volunteers will be held at:
Travis L. Williams American Legion Post #65
1624 E Broadway Road
Phoenix, AZ 85004
July 30th, 2016
GOVERNOR DUCEY'S 2015 BACK TO SCHOOL TOUR
Governor Doug Ducey visited six public schools during August and September as students headed back to class as part of his Back to School Program. Each school visit focused on a different topic, ranging from literacy to career and technical education and the benefits of higher education.
Governor Ducey's Back to School Program included visits to the following public schools throughout August and September:
· August 11, 2015 - Phoenix Collegiate Academy, Phoenix, AZ
· August 13, 2015 - Vista College Preparatory, Phoenix, AZ
· August 17, 2015 - Metro Tech High School, Phoenix Union High School District
· August 28, 2015 - Peoria High School, Peoria Unified School District – Jobs for Arizona's Graduates
· September 9, 2015 - Puente de Hozho Bilingual Magnet School, Flagstaff Unified School District
· September 15, 2015 - Alta Vista High School, Tucson, AZ