Education Matters Arizona!
Click here to download a copy of Education Matters Arizona.
Governor Ducey is a strong supporter of the Arizona Education Progress Meter, which represents the collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, education, and business groups from around the state. The Progress Meter was created to elevate a set of widely accepted education indicators by which we can measure our state’s P-20 education pipeline. It is a simple, visual way to set education goals, assess the status of education, employ data analytics, celebrate success and achievement, and ultimately to set policy.
The Progress Meter includes eight data metrics:
- Preschool Enrollment
- 3rd Grade Reading
- 8th Grade Math
- High School Graduation
- Opportunity Youth
- Post-Secondary Attainment
- Teacher Pay
Strategies for Success
- Setting and implementing successful best practices in education policy that foster critical thinking, communication and collaboration.
- Creating Arizona standards, assessments and accountability systems that are meaningful.
- Recruiting and retaining quality education professionals.
- Closing the achievement gap for low-income and minority students.
- Providing access and choice to high-quality early learning opportunities.
- Promoting rigorous pathways to postsecondary education based on each student’s interests.
- Strengthening the alignment of education outcomes to workforce needs.